This week, I’m still polishing the data for the conversation system. I have about 1000 words left to go through and sort.
This week, I finished up the resource management simulation. I changed up the storage app to provide a clearer overview of resources available station-wide as well as a larger transfer panel, allowing the player to see more storage sections in a single page. This will hopefully make it easier to find two storage sections in the list in order to trigger a transfer or resources.
This is also using the previously implemented conduits (for liquids) and storage containers to fulfill these storage-to-storage requests. This allows commanders to spread out where resources are located on-station to cut down on transport times to and from different areas of the Astrobase.
This week I’ve been continuing the work on the teaser/trailer I was working on last week. It’s getting there for sure. I also ended up spending a large chunk of my week doing more admin-type work. Not much fun but more fun than the results of not doing it.
This week, I wrapped up the resource simulation. Before moving on to integrating character AI, I wanted to iterate on the storage app on the datapad to allow for resource transfers to use our storage containers.
But, if we were going to work on those programs, we also needed to think about iterating on their appearance, layout, etc. So, I worked on a tool that will make it easier for Daniel to experiment with different color schemes quickly, the goal being to give every program a distinctive look without being an eyesore.
This week I’ve been working on a prototype for our first teaser/trailer.
Bonjour à tous!
I’ve been helping Daniel out with the teaser prototype and going through hours of voice talent to find the actor that will match the tone we want to set.
ABC is almost design-complete! Working on the last remaining design task, which is finalizing the trait names and definitions. Then Adam just adds some code and we have a game! 🙂
This past week, I’ve been focused on wrapping up the base-wide resource simulation. This involves simulating resource consumption and production and transporting them to/from storage sections, either instantly through conduits (if you chose that in your hull settings) or through transporting storage containers back and forth.
In order to simulate the storage container transport, I’ve had to extend AI system to accomodate different types of agents. While the storage containers in the final implementation will have to be transported by crewmembers, this allows us to test the resource systems in isolation. As a bonus, extending the AI in this way has made it that much easier for us to introduce new kinds of AI-controlled entities as needed (bots, drones or cute pets for example).
I’m particularly excited about the next step, in which I’ll be updating character AI with Dave’s final design. It’ll be a challenge to make it clear to the player all the interesting things going on in their heads, but once we pull it off, it’s going to make for one hell of a player experience
This past week I’ve been focusing on figuring out how to do some specific things when it comes to marketing. It’s something that’s relatively new to me so there’s a lot of learning to do in order to create something good.
We’ll be getting this to you guys as soon as we can, keep your eyes peeled.
My efforts this week have been split between business development/administration and reworking the Astrobase logos to their final production format.
Just a quick update for you all.
This week has seen a flurry of activity among each of us.
Daniel and Max have been busy re-working our public face. Many of our art assets are now dated, and we need everything to be representative of Astrobase Command’s current state. They’ve also handled a bunch of administration. Yay administration!
Dave has had his nose to the grindstone polishing some of the final design. In fact, he’s presenting it at this very moment so that Adam can take the Evil Space Genius’ plotting (err…design) and turn it into the code.
With that, have a fantastic weekend!
We hope you enjoyed the holidays to the fullest and are amped for the new year. We certainly are!
The team has been hard at work for the past week and a bit.
Dave and Adam in particular have made some great progress with final design and coding.
Daniel and Max have been busy with administration to lay the groundwork for our focused development for the coming year.
We have big things lined up for 2017. Let’s make it the Year of the Jellyfish!