Useful forum features

If you have any feedback, we'd love to hear from you!
Petty Officer

Useful forum features

Postby TomTrustworthy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm

I know that forum programs are different depending on who you use, but i figure I should just mention some things and see why they are not in use here.

User rankings: Not so much for us members I don't care what my rank is. But just so I can see who is making the game and who is like me waiting for the game to be made.

Thread Tagging: Sure tags can be misused but if the community is small now and we start using the tags correctly from the start then the future of the forums can be very bright and easy to search and all that.

Dev Team

Re: Useful forum features

Postby Adam » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Hey Tom! I'll take another stab at rankings to clarify. Could you clear up what you mean by thread tagging? Like a tag cloud for people to batch related topics?

Petty Officer

Re: Useful forum features

Postby TomTrustworthy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Nice! Was I looking in the wrong area for titles or something? I just didn't see them on the posts at all.

Yes a tag cloud so if you make a new thread you can set the subject then right under that have a tag area. Type the tag in and hit comma and it makes a little tag of that text. Then on the main page have a cloud with tags bigger where they are used more and smaller text tags for rare tags. In search have an option to search for tags.

Either have it so all members can tag or only staff or only members with so many posts depending how you guys want to do things.

Return to Feedback/Suggestions