Feedback on the new graphics.

If you have any feedback, we'd love to hear from you!
Dev Team

Feedback on the new graphics.

Postby Daniel » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Hello, I'm the guy who made the new shiny graphics for Astrobase.

I think its a good idea for me to keep in touch with how you guys feel about the results of my hard work.
So please go ahead and give me any constructive feedback you have about the style, design, quality, layout, lighting, effects and so on in this thread.

/Daniel

Petty Officer

Re: Feedback on the new graphics.

Postby TomTrustworthy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:32 pm

The graphics on the About page correct?

If so I do love the animated item on there, pictures are great but seeing how things move even for a few seconds is way better. I like the background of the about page and the pictures. Show business in the foreground and a nice planet with atmosphere or a sun in the back. Very nice.

Dev Team

Postby Daniel » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Any graphics we put out really. There's some stuff that I'm not directly responsible for but the vast majority is stuff that I've designed and the remainder I've generally done the art direction for. For example anything 3D is most definitely from me.

I'm very glad you like what we've put out so far. That (probably) means we're going in the right direction. Yay!

Petty Officer

Postby TomTrustworthy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Oh wow in game stuff too? I thought maybe you pulled from the game just to make the site look good and stuff.
Very impressive then. I need to find more videos and stuff from you guys. I'm not in the loop... if there is a loop.

Chief

Postby MilitantLobster » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm not in the loop... if there is a loop.

Lol, welcome to "the loop" Tom! I advise going through the old blog posts to get information. Not a lot of video up yet, but hopefully that will change soon! Other than that, go through the forum archives, there are some pretty awesome topics. It's nice to get some fresh perspectives!

Dev Team

Postby Daniel » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Although pretty much anything we showed off before (with a couple of exceptions) was not made by me and has since been replaced.
So going back and finding very old content won't actually show any content reflecting what the game actually looks like.

We're working hard at finishing the game and more screenshots are soon(tm) to come.

What I intended to say earlier, but forgot, was that all the graphics in the screenshots on the About page is all using ingame assets and post effects. Which means they haven't been tweaked to look better in photoshop and are at the same time representative of what the game actually looks like.

Of course, theres is no GUI in the screenshots since it would clutter the composition.

Disclaimer:
Since we're in development everything is subject to change. While we aren't planning on changing anything, sometimes technical reasons and gameplay can at times change what the graphics can be.

Return to Feedback/Suggestions