Only one kind of base to build?

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Crewman

Only one kind of base to build?

Postby anc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:13 am

Hi folks,

I'm really looking forward to buy this game, but i would like to know which kind of bases can we build? Theres only one kind?
For ex can we build industrial, military, research bases, etc?

Kudos

Dev Team

Re: Only one kind of base to build?

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:42 am

anc wrote:Hi folks,

I'm really looking forward to buy this game, but i would like to know which kind of bases can we build? Theres only one kind?

Kudos

Hey man, nice to meet you!

The core gameplay vision is that you can build whatever station you want, including creating and customizing the "alien race" which populates it. There is absolutely science, military (internal security), and industry in the game or planned to be in the game. Astrobase Command is fundamentally a "build what you want" style sandbox game, so the freedom is in your hands.

However, one always has hard choices in the launch feature road-map. The people aspect is very core gameplay for us, such as relationships between characters. So we have an AI layer that is intertwined with everything, and needs to be done before implenting the designs for the various station options.

Sorry this reply took so long, had a bit of a work-streak going. :D

Crewman

Re: Only one kind of base to build?

Postby anc » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Dave wrote:
anc wrote:Hi folks,

Kudos

Hey man, nice to meet you!

The core gameplay vision is that you can build whatever station you want, including creating and customizing the "alien race" which populates it. There is absolutely science, military (internal security), and industry in the game or planned to be in the game. Astrobase Command is fundamentally a "build what you want" style sandbox game, so the freedom is in your hands.

However, one always has hard choices in the launch feature road-map. The people aspect is very core gameplay for us, such as relationships between characters. So we have an AI layer that is intertwined with everything, and needs to be done before implenting the designs for the various station options.

Sorry this reply took so long, had a bit of a work-streak going. :D

I've been following you guys for a while i know you have been really busy with this project. Can't wait to test it. It's looking better each day.

Kudos mate!

Return to Astrobase Command Game Discussion