Sequels

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Chief

Sequels

Postby aunshi » Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 am

Possibly a little early to start thinking about this.... but have you guys thought about where you could take the series in the future?

I don't mean Astrobase Command 2; Wrath of the pissed off space spiders

I mean taking the core concepts, management, missions, equipment, characters making critical decisions based on skills and characteristics, and bringing this over to other realms..... like a council of wizards, a clan of ninjas, or pirate base (watch black sails for reference, an excellent TV series)

Hell you could even do a super hero thing....Agents of B.U.C.K.L.E.R.

Not that I'm not loving the SCI-FI setting, but its such a great concept that could be applied to so many areas.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost didn't stick with Zombies following the great Shaun of the Dead is all i'm saying.

Dev Team

Re: Sequels

Postby Daniel » Sun May 10, 2015 10:16 am

Something that has killed many game studios in the past is the lack of plans of what to do after they release the title they are working on at the moment.
To address that we're keeping our minds and eyes open and are working to figure out what to do next. What is of course important to that is to pick a course of action that leverages our skills, experience, and tech.

What we'll end up doing is very much not nailed down yet but will most definitely be something we want to make as much as we want to make Astrobase Command.

Chief

Postby aunshi » Sun May 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Sooo... is that a maybe on the Ninja's?

Dev Team

Postby Daniel » Sun May 10, 2015 5:31 pm

It's not a no.

Chief

Postby aunshi » Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 am

Cool, let me know if you want any...thoughts.

Crewman

Postby Kunovega » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:42 pm

I could see a version similar to Evil Genius where you run the lair of a (customized) James Bond/Austin Powers style villain and train your minions that get sent out into the world on missions while you sit back and decorate your evil lair with trophys and traps to keep out snooping agents.

It's a game style that hasn't been done well in a long time (Dungeon Keeper, Evil Genius, etc), both of which veered off into terrible facebook social games for sequels instead of ramping up what made the originals so good.

Return to Astrobase Command Game Discussion