An Astrobase Command Christmas Miracle?

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Chief

An Astrobase Command Christmas Miracle?

Postby daselk » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:16 am

It's a bit of a long shot but any chance to see a gameplay video or something before Christmas?

I know you guys (the devs) have been working really hard to pull everything together and I'm just hoping we get to see some more progress.

BTW, can i shorten Astrobase command to ABC?

Dev Team

Re: An Astrobase Command Christmas Miracle?

Postby Daniel » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:29 pm

daselk wrote:BTW, can i shorten Astrobase command to ABC?

I know I do, of course random people will confuse it with some TV network so you might want to consider the intended audience.

Chief

Postby MilitantLobster » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Personally, I was hoping to find an alpha test invite nestled in my inbox Christmas morning! :P

Dev Team

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 am

MilitantLobster wrote:Personally, I was hoping to find an alpha test invite nestled in my inbox Christmas morning! :P

We're shooting for end of Feb. It's totally doable -- there's only a couple of pieces that need to be integrated, including the stuff I'm working on now. Adam is redoing our GUI solution tech to use the new integrated Unity GUI, and Daniel is making everything work visually and art-tech wise. So it will be a "game" once we close the loop on those. What we have right now is playable-ish but it's not a game yet.

Of course, if the v1 game turns out to be terribad we might iterate on it for slightly longer before going alpha. ;)

Chief

Postby daselk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 am

Thanks for the update Dave, good to hear you have at least a tentative date in mind for an alpha release.

It must be a tough choice to actually determine when an alpha is ready. Too early and it might turn people off and not represent the intended end product. But too late and people might move on or feel like they missed an opportunity to actually play/test an alpha.

Personally i'm looking forward to getting my hands on it no matter the state. Watching early access games develop over time is part of the enjoyment for me.

Dev Team

Postby Max Shields » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:35 am

daselk wrote:It must be a tough choice to actually determine when an alpha is ready.

You have no idea... :D

Crewman

Postby elmack » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:28 pm

As a general rule of thumb in my line of work - you never know when you are ready for an alpha. What i always recommend is demo, release part functionality early and often to get that valuable feedback and avoid any throw away dev. Its easier to steer a ship in the dock than on the high seas!

Return to Astrobase Command Game Discussion