Any way we can give you money?

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Crewman

Re: Any way we can give you money?

Postby OzWally » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:30 am

Planning to get into Steam aswell?

Dev Team

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:33 am

OzWally wrote:Planning to get into Steam aswell?

yeah we're greenlit, so as soon as we have something we're happy with we're going to do Early Access.

Crewman

Postby Chris K » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:12 pm

I hope this approach pays off for you and you have enough funds to make this a good Early Access game for a great start to a great finished game. I wouldn't mind a not all that great state when I know there is more to come, but I've seen how much harm a bad Early Access can do and I'd hate to see that happen to this project as well.
You seem a very dedicated team and the project looks really interesting, so I am eager to find out what you are able to pull off and I hope you can turn the game into everything you want it to be. I am glad that you are planning to have some testers before EA launch (still hoping to be one of them, btw ;) ) and I urge you to listen to them if they tell you that the game isn't ready yet.
Me and others wrote our asses off for Jagged Alliance Flashback to become the game it had the potential to be (not to mention spending $190 on it in my case) and although Full Control changed quite a few things according to feedback, they didn't listen to it in some pretty important spots and they didn't listen when we told them that the game wasn't ready for release which lead to a ton of bad reviews and the game being apparently (and mostly officially) dead now with a lot of wasted potential imho. It would be a shame if this game took a similar path.
Of course your approach provides some advantages, since people didn't spend any money yet, not to mention that you don't have to deal with the nostalgia that came with JAF and therefore people should have a lot less clear expectations, so this project should come with less risks in that regard, but there is still quite a bit of risk with EA and I hope you can navigate those kinda dangerous waters. Best of luck for that (and everything else of course).

Crewman

Postby OzWally » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:30 am

Dave wrote:
OzWally wrote:Planning to get into Steam aswell?

yeah we're greenlit, so as soon as we have something we're happy with we're going to do Early Access.

I totally forgot that I did gave a Greenlight that's where I found this future AC game. :mrgreen:

Previous

Return to Astrobase Command Game Discussion