Play-Testers

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Crewman

Play-Testers

Postby NasaNerd » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Question: Will there be an open Beta/Alpha? If not, will there be a limited play testing community? Player feed back is an important part of development :lol: If not, I look forward to the final release (actually, I look forward to it even if there is a play test version)

Petty Officer

Re: Play-Testers

Postby TomTrustworthy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:40 am

I am assuming they had a KS going and the people involved with that will be part of alpha/beta testing.

Chief

Postby MilitantLobster » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:02 am

There was a kickstarter, and there will be alpha/beta testers, from what I've heard. I'm not sure what the criteria will be for getting into those playtests though. Might be invite only starting with forum memners/kickstarter backers, could be a pay to play model, could be something else.

This reporter speculates that a complex system of illegal international armadillo trading will be involved.

EDIT: I would also like to be a tester, if that wasn't clear already :P
Last edited by MilitantLobster on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dev Team

Postby Adam » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 pm

NasaNerd wrote:Question: Will there be an open Beta/Alpha? If not, will there be a limited play testing community? Player feed back is an important part of development :lol: If not, I look forward to the final release (actually, I look forward to it even if there is a play test version)

Our first step will be gradual, invite-only playtesting (contributors first, active community members next) of an upcoming playable build to start getting gameplay feedback.

We'll keep you posted on a playtesting schedule as soon as we lock one down.

Chief

Postby daselk » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:43 am

Heck yes to alpha/beta testing. I always support kickstarter games to the level that includes it, love trying early builds and seeing the improvement over time.
Most recent example for me was Wasteland 2. Public were able to beta test the first half of the game while the second part was outsourced. After the abysmal experience of the second half I have put the game on hold until it is patched and fixed to a playable standard, actually surprised they released as is but they seem to be fixing stuff pretty quickly. Unlike Rome 2 which took about a year before sieges worked properly.

Chief

Postby aunshi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:15 am

interested

Crewman

Postby claytonmcclain » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:09 am

Just ran across this---sounds Great! Count me in.

Crewman First Class

Postby Saosis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:54 pm

aunshi wrote:interested

Me too!

Crewman

Postby Savatte » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:13 am

Definitely interested too!

Crewman

Postby Nerhesi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:04 pm