March Video Dev Update - Feedback Needed

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Dev Team

March Video Dev Update - Feedback Needed

Postby Max Shields » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:02 am

Independently from the weekly vlog, we're putting together a more detailed video update. We unleashed Dave and Adam last weekend, asking them to talk Astrobase Command, game development, and Kickstarter.

Would you, future astrobase commanders, be more interested in seeing one ultra-focused piece (less than five minutes), a few wider pieces (5-10 minutes apiece), or a single long interview (30 or so minutes)?

Your comments will help shape how we edit the footage.

Chief

Re: March Video Dev Update - Feedback Needed

Postby MilitantLobster » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:41 am

Is 'All of the Above' an option?

Probably not, since that would take up a bunch more resources. My vote is for a long interview, since, as previously stated, I am addicted to Astrobase news. Pretty sure those keys are going to start fading from my keyboard prematurely.

That being said, a shorter format would be better for drawing people into Astrobase prefandom. If you go that route feel free to just send me the raw footage to feed my addiction.

Dev Team

Postby Max Shields » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:39 pm

DON'T FEED THE LOBSTERS!!! ;)

Chief

Postby aunshi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Focus in on game play maybe? Combat mechanics?

Crewman First Class

Postby Larien » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:42 pm

I'd say go with the inbetween, with the five to ten minute vids though perhaps going longer to the 30min ones if there are more details to be talked about.

Dev Team

Postby Max Shields » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Last weekend's footage has been edited into a 9 minute piece, with the possibility of creating 1-2 extra 1-3 minute bits on thoughts about the Kickstarter.

It looks good, but it comes across more as another pitch than an update for those of you that have been following us since the Kickstarter. Rather than subject you to yet another marketing pitch at this stage, we'll be keeping this one in our back pocket until we have some good gameplay footage with our new art. It will be released a little later as a formal announcement to the Steam Early Access event.

In the meantime, we'll start capturing footage for the first edition of our weekly vlog (http://www.astrobasecommand.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=151) this afternoon with the goal of getting a first video out to you later this week.

Return to Astrobase Command Game Discussion