Addicted to Early Access/Alphas

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Chief

Addicted to Early Access/Alphas

Postby daselk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:35 am

Lately I have developed a deep interest and enjoyment in purchasing, playing, testing and giving feedback on various early access games.

It's kinda cool to feel part of the process and seeing how the grow and develop over time. Currently I have only 6 games that I follow closely and playtest and barely play any "finished" games at all. Infact my most anticipated game this year is the release of the Star Citizen dogfighting module, only one small aspect of the planned release. They have raised over 37mil while the only thing you can do is run around and jump in the ship you have pledged for.

The latest game i added is Invisible Inc (website). They only have the smallest amount of the game playable but the boards have exploded since they released it which requires about a $20 pledge for access and the final game when completed.

I can imagine this has raised considerable capital to aid further development for what looks like a promising title (anything vaguely reminiscent of XCOM gets me)

So for Astrobase Command, i suppose the devs must tread a careful path in generating interest and capital for development but releasing content that will generate positive attention and implement some of the unique features that sets it apart from others.

TL;DR - take my money to make this game, i can't wait to playtest it.

Chief

Re: Addicted to Early Access/Alphas

Postby MilitantLobster » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 am

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I bought into the Kerbal Space Program early access; I follow the blog but I'm too busy to do much beyond playing for a few hours when a new update comes down the pipeline. I guess I'm not self-motivated enough to go explore the Kerbal system for exploration's sake.

I have to admit, I am pretty much addicted to Astrobase Command. I first came across it after reading a Cracked article one of the creators co-authored and after that I read everything I could about it! Now that we've gotten Astrobase onto Steam Greenlight I'm waiting with baited breath for my first shot at playing!

Hoping the devs will give us a post-Kickstarter update and hopefully a Steam release timeline soon! *hint hint* :)
Last edited by MilitantLobster on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dev Team

Postby MaxShields » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:33 pm

MilitantLobster wrote:Hoping the devs will give us a post Kickstarter update and hopefully a Steam release timeline soon! *hint hint* :)

Fear not, we have something in the works!

Crewman First Class

Postby shireknight » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 pm

I've been on Kickstarter for about a year now but have only funded three things so far :-

The Mandate
Pulsar: Lost Colony
Dinosaur Battlegrounds

Astrobase Command would have been my 4th and I'm limiting myself to 5 active projects at any one time.

Crewman First Class

Postby Rat Patrol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 pm

daselk wrote:Lately I have developed a deep interest and enjoyment in purchasing, playing, testing and giving feedback on various early access games.

I registered just to agree with with this ..
... also the project looks awesome I cannot wait to try it out
Alpha Supporter:
Endless Space
The Dead Linger
Firefall - Founder Level Supporter
Dead State
Star Force
Kinetic Void
Kenshi
Door Kickers
DayZ
Elite Dangerous
Star Citizen
Centration

Beta Player:
Diablo III
Defiance
Firefalll - Founder
TESO

Crewman First Class

Postby Rat Patrol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm

MilitantLobster wrote:
I first came across it after reading a Cracked article one of the creators co-authored ....

I came from that article as well ....... :geek:
Alpha Supporter:
Endless Space
The Dead Linger
Firefall - Founder Level Supporter
Dead State
Star Force
Kinetic Void
Kenshi
Door Kickers
DayZ
Elite Dangerous