Race Creation

A place to ask and talk about Astrobase Command.
Crewman

Re: Race Creation

Postby KogX » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm just going to create a race of slime monsters (similar to Muk and Grimer in Pokemon or the Slimes in Dragon Quest).

I would like to have them reproduce asexually. But heavily relies on the environment to decide whether or not to have offsprings. Requires a large amount of water or the equivalent of water to survive and eating traditional food is optional(perhaps eating odd foods will evolve them if exposed to it for a long time).

Projectile weapons should not effect them (Goes through their bodies) and physical weapons effectiveness depend on the material of the slime or the density of the slime. Electronic or sonic weapons should be more effective but also depends on the density or material of the slime.

Their intelligence would mostly be basic/primal but their society is based on a hive mind but with a hierarchy structure (similar to the Modrons from Dungeons and Dragons)

I always like the idea of playing as a race of slime monsters and how their society would work. If a group of slime people are stranded on a planet after a horrific accident when on a mission from me and eventually evolved to adapt to the planet, essentially creating a subspecies, how the rest of the other slimes react to them.

If I can be one in this game, I am going to choose it no questions asked!

Dev Team

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:03 pm

As expected, a bunch of really great ideas here! If the sky were the limit, I think I'd be all about the robotic hive mind myself. Might just be because I'm a programmer, though.

Contributor

Postby Ethan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:49 am

I think I would want to base mine off of Wookies. Bipedal, large, incredibly strong and warriors. They wouldn't be as technologically advanced, but very good at maintaining and jerry-rigging older technology to work. They can keep the whole base running with duct tape, but would prefer to fight and have other races work on the new technology.

Crewman First Class

Postby Rat Patrol » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Adam wrote: .... I think I'd be all about the robotic hive mind myself.

Resistance is Futile .....

nope you did not say Cyborgs ... but that was my 1st thought 'robotic'
Alpha Supporter:
Endless Space
The Dead Linger
Firefall - Founder Level Supporter
Dead State
Star Force
Kinetic Void
Kenshi
Door Kickers
DayZ