Great Past Campaigns

Come help us get this game Kickstarted!
Dev Team

Great Past Campaigns

Postby Adam » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:59 pm

If you've backed projects on Kickstarter that did something before/during/after the campaign you really enjoyed, share them here!

Crewman First Class

Re: Great Past Campaigns

Postby Saosis » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:49 pm

One thing to consider about backer tiers:

Several kickstarter campaigns include all previous tiers into the next higher tier. This is fine until you reach the point where t-shirts and similar rewards are included, that need shipping (and paying toll in my country!).

My suggestion is to split your tiers from that point on into 2 lines, one that includes physical rewards and a second that only includes digital rewards. Several games would have got more money from me, if they would have offered higher level digital tiers.

If you don't plan on giving out physical rewards just ignore this post. :)

Dev Team

Postby Adam » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Great advice, Saosis! Our tiers are definitely something we're swinging back and forth on. Now I think of it, we should probably have you all review our planned tiers to get some feedback. I'll bring it up to the team tomorrow

Crewman First Class

Postby Saosis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Congrats on the good start of the campaign. We are getting close to the magical 30%! :D

What I enjoy during campaigns is reading indepth updates about subsystems of the games I back like those you did during the last years on this site. People who followed you here probably already know most of this, but for new backers its exciting to get more details shown during a kickstarter campaign.

Getting out an update before this weekend, that's followed by the start of a new month (...new money to spend...) should help to keep bringing in new people at a time the numbers usually start going down during a campaign.

Generally I would do at least 3 updates each week, especially during the middle of the campaign. Not every update has to be a big one with talk about core mechanics, but each should have an interesting tidbit about the game.

You asked for input... :)

Return to Kickstarter Command Center